host a fellow
Talent to Support Your Reforms
Making and sustaining change in child welfare is never easy. Foster America can help supply the talent and skills your agency needs to accelerate reform.
Foster America’s fellowship program recruits extraordinary professionals from a variety of sectors to work on problems that represent the field's greatest challenges. Our fellows have skills and expertise including:
- Strategy & Operations
- Data & Technology
- Design & Marketing
- Public Finance
The details of the project and position are specified by the host agency based on their local needs, and host agencies participate in the selection process to ensure the fellow is a great fit.
Joining the Foster America movement as a host agency is not only a way to tap into new talent and develop a future leader for the field, but also an opportunity to be part of creating and spreading innovation.
- State and local child welfare agencies
- Nonprofits that contract with child welfare agencies
- Government agencies that impact child welfare outcomes, such as education, early childhood, and public health
- Reform-minded leadership. The organization’s top leaders seek positive change.
- Scalable solutions. The project addresses a challenge that is a problem not only locally but also across the country so that any solution can be scaled nationally.
- Supportive conditions. The organization commits to putting reporting structures and other conditions in place to enable fellows to succeed.
- Hiring and funding commitment. The organization is prepared to provide benefits and a competitive salary.
If you represent a prospective host agency and would be interested in learning more about the opportunity to partner with Foster America, please contact Chief Program Officer Marie Zemler Wu.