It's hard to believe our Cohort 2 fellows have already been on the job for several months! We loved getting together in Kansas City, MO from April 9-13, 2018 to share the latest and continue our learning journey together.
On this trip, we explored the child welfare landscape in Missouri - where two Foster America fellows are placed at the Missouri Children's Division - and learned from expert faculty members about the application of behavioral insights and results-based leadership practices to child welfare leadership. Fellows also presented their project work plans, linking strategic actions to specific outcome measures.
Highlights of this convening included:
- Site visits to local nonprofit service providers including FosterAdopt Connect and Cornerstones of Care
- State leadership presentations by Missouri Children's Division Director Tim Decker and staff from Missouri Department of Social Services
- Connecting behavioral insights to improving outcomes for kids and families, with remarks by The Behavioral Insights Team
- A full day immersion about results-based leadership with Jeff Lawrence from Organizational Agility Advisors
- Discussing the history of child welfare and racial disproportionality with JooYeun Chang from Casey Family Programs
We look forward to our next fellowship convening in Minneapolis, MN in July!