Foster America fellows are passionate about their work, true leaders and innovators, and driven by results.
foster America Fellows demonstrate:
- Have a record of extraordinary academic, professional, and personal achievement
- Communicate effectively in written and spoken word
- Solve problems strategically and love evidence
- Demonstrate subject-matter expertise in a relevant field, with specific managerial skillsets (e.g., budget, project planning, contract management, marketing, business process design, etc.)
- Come prepared, stay organized, and exhibit clarity of thought
- Design new solutions and take fresh approaches
- Are curious, consider diverse perspectives, and willingly take risks
- Display courage in the face of adversity or uncertainty
- Find inspiration where others see barriers
- Are service-oriented, express humility, and are known for their integrity
- Have community and coalition building skills
- Build the capacity of others
- Possess a high level of self-awareness
- Are able to work effectively in diverse groups
- Persist even when faced with roadblocks
- Love to learn and grow
- Are coachable and seek feedback; know when to ask for help
- Take initiative
- Are able to effectively manage conflict
Demonstrated commitment to social justice, especially for vulnerable children and families.
Five or more years of experience, including at least two years of project or people management.
Advance degree strongly preferred.
Fellows must be able to work full-time for at least one year.
Due to the hiring policies of our partner agencies, fellows must have authorization to work in the U.S.